WELCOME TO ST. JOHNS
Connect with Christ, Church and Community!
Our story begins in the summer of 1922 when the President was Warren G. Harding, the Vice President was Calvin Coolidge, and the population of the United States was 110,049,000. The Presbyterian neighbors of St. Johns Park organized a Sunday afternoon Sunday school. The Springfield Presbyterian Church (no longer in existence) helped to establish our new congregation. There was such enthusiastic support, that in less than a year the property at Melrose and Fair Street was acquired, becoming the St. Johns Park Chapel. Seventy-eight members went on the roll as charter members on June 16, 1929. St. Johns continues to offer a vital ministry for Riverside, Ortega, Avondale, and beyond.