DISCOVERING CHURCH MEMBERSHIP
This class is the basic introduction to the St. Johns Presbyterian Family. Since St. Johns has members from many different church and unchurched backgrounds, this class is designed to clearly explain WHO and WHAT St. Johns is about. You are an integral part of St. Johns!
…You are a member of God’s very own family… and you belong in God’s household with every other Christian. Ephesians 2:19 (TLB)
OUR CLASS GOAL: For each person to deepen their commitment to Christ and to the St. Johns Presbyterian Church.
Our Vision: Connect with Christ, Church and Community!
THREE KEY TRUTHS
- The church is a family.
- God expects you to be a member of a church family.
- A Christian without a church family is a contradiction.
WHAT MAKES ST. JOHNS A FAMILY?
- A Common Faith: What God has done for us?
- A Common Commitment: Why we exist as a church?
- A Common Strategy: How we fulfill God’s purpose?