ST. JOHNS PARTNERS WITH
This year, SJPC is a host church for Family Promise of Jacksonville. Family Promise provides temporary assistance, hospitality, and case management for families with children experiencing homelessness. During the spring of 2019, SJPC partnered with Family Promise and hosted two families at our church for one-week in April. From August 25-September 1, we will be hosting up to three families for another week long stay! During this time we will be offering meals, overnight accommodations, and other hospitality as we pour out God’s love into people of our community. There are so many ways to get involved….big and small. Please consider joining us as we strive to be the hands and feet of Jesus.
WHAT IS FAMILY PROMISE?
WAYS THAT YOU CAN HELP
- Would you like to prepare dinner and eat with these families?
- Would you like to cook a hot weekend breakfast for our guests?
- Would you like to purchase groceries to be used by our guests during the week at the downtown day center?
- Would you like to launder linens after their stay with us?
- Would you like to contribute a specific set-up item (e.g. personal and health supplies)?
- Would you enjoy being an on-call weekend volunteer?